Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about axis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bolcer
359 Views, 2 Replies

Confused about axis

Hi, I confused about the moment directions.

For example I ve a slab. I want to design the main reinforcement of slab in local Y direction (I think it is axis-2). I get N1, M1, N2, M2, NXX, NYY, MXX, MYY values. Which values should I use? I think MXX and M2 are the same with a little difference. But which one is the one? Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: bolcer

MXX or MXX (Wood and Armer) if you want to include MXY) in the projection of the results (direction) set along the direction of the reinforcement.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
Jade_Cereno
in reply to: bolcer

@bolcer wrote:

Hi, I confused about the moment directions.

For example I ve a slab. I want to design the main reinforcement of slab in local Y direction (I think it is axis-2). I get N1, M1, N2, M2, NXX, NYY, MXX, MYY values. Which values should I use? I think MXX and M2 are the same with a little difference. But which one is the one? Thank you

Before you analyze the model, you should first set the proper local axis of the panels you are designing. point the local axi of your desired panel to the main direction you wish to design with. MXX+ or MXX- is wood and armer and considers main bending and torsion effects.

If you wish to design according to your Local Y direction, assuming the supports are perpendicular to your local Y, you should choose MYY

MIT-BsCE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report