Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
213 Views, 1 Reply

Concrete Planks

Hi Rafael, 

I am designing a vehicle acces trestle of IPE 160's (Yellow) which support concrete panels (grey). Below the panels are 60x60x6 angular sections for bracing (Green). It is intended that the angles only account for the horizontal loading and carry no loads associated to the concrete panels. 

Vehicle trestle

I have tried to offset the concrete panels but that has not worked. Could you please give some advice to ensuring that all the load of the concrete (DL and surchage) is transfered to the IPE beams. 

I have attached the model for your help.

Thanks

Steve 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Anonymous

If your panel is a real structural element(shell)  , you can disregard your L sections when meshing the panel , like below

analysis type- structure model.jpg

If you are using the panel as a cladding , you can ignore the L sections in load distribution  like below

Load distribution -options.jpg

a 3rd alternative would be  make your L sections as "truss bars only" like below

truss bars.jpg

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report