Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Burgon87
1871 Views, 4 Replies

Composite Floor

I am modelling a composite floor with steel beams. The beams are deflecting largly under horizontal loading from wind load. I am trying to restrain the beams with the floor slab however, the beams do not seem to recognise the slab as a restraint. I have fixed the upper flange of the beam, and therefore composite action should be occuring...it appears not to be. I have a one-way spanning slab, but how should I model it to make it work? The beams are more than sufficient to support the load yet deflection is large. Do I model the slab as a shell?

Please can you help.

Many Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Burgon87

To include the horizontal stiffness of the slab you either have to mesh it or generate rigid links with the triangular and trapezoidal load distribution method. If you want to include the vertical stiffness of the slab then you have to mesh the panels.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
edwin
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Artur, Is there a way you could provide a sample file showing what you mean by generating rigid links w/ the trapezoidal load distribution method?
Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: edwin

Artur, Is there a way you could provide a sample file showing what you mean by generating rigid links w/ the trapezoidal load distribution method?

Check the panel calculation model 1 assigned to panel 14.

panel calculation model 6.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
oabukar
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I am trying to model the composite slab. However I got stuck at the options available in " Panel Calculation Model". can you please send a reference for each option available for :

1- elastic stiffness (with finite and no finite )

2- rigid connection of nodes:

1- with and without

2- siffeninng diaphragm (full and partial)

3-transfer of loads:

1- analytical

2- Simplified : one and two way.

How would this affect the force distribtion for gravity and lateral forces.

Thank you in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report