Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite beam Design in Robot

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
5019 Views, 6 Replies

Composite beam Design in Robot

I would like to know how can I design a composite beam in Robot.

I tried using Revit Structure:  updating the model and using Composite Design Extension, but, as I designed load (including moving load), and load combination in Robot I am not feeling confortable. I can't see all the loads in Revit.

When I updated the model, I chose the option to transfer results (reactions and internal forces).

Am I missing something? Is there a better way desinging directly in Robot? Or am I doing right?

Thanks

Gustavo Vasconcellos

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

The Revit Extension Composite Steel Beam Design is only available for the AISC Standard Wide Flange shapes, I invite you to read the white paper: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autodeskrobot_revitstructure_whitepaper_final.pdf

You can also use the Robot Expert tool (according to Eurocode 4):

expert_EC4.png

Or use the Composite Structures' sheet within Robot Extensions- Spreadsheet Calculator:

composite_structures.png

-----------------

Jad DELLEL
Sustainability Success Manager - Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7

Dear Jad,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your reply, but I have some more questions:

- If I am using AISC Standard Wide Flange shapes and model the loads on Robot, do the loads transfer to Revit when I update from Revit?

- I tried the spreadsheet calculator but it appears as a demo version, what should I do?

- Is there any white paper about the spreadsheet calculator, like the one that you send to me about Composite Design?

Thanks

Gustavo Vasconcellos

Message 4 of 7

Hi Gustavo,

There's answers for your questions:

- If I am using AISC Standard Wide Flange shapes and model the loads on Robot, do the loads transfer to Revit when I update from Revit?

Yes, after importing your structure in Revit Structures, It should work but your structure must fulfill the requirements of this extension, please check its in "About the extension" .

- I tried the spreadsheet calculator but it appears as a demo version, what should I do?

Please read our post here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Robot-Extensions-Spreadsheet-Calculator2012/...

- Is there any white paper about the spreadsheet calculator, like the one that you send to me about Composite Design?

No white paper available for SPC, but you can find generally detailed help with some calculations examples for each sheet.

-----------------

Jad DELLEL

Message 5 of 7
mpcloob
in reply to: jad.dellel

how can i download Robot expert tool for composite beam design ?

Message 6 of 7
jad.dellel
in reply to: mpcloob

Hello Mohammed,

You should have a subscription contract first then, you could download it from subscription.autodesk.com

-----------------

Jad DELLEL

Message 7 of 7
mpcloob
in reply to: jad.dellel

in the name of  GOD .

I'm a student.I haven't this.

Those who are students do not give Extensions & Plug-ins ? :smileysad::smileysad:

unless the person who is a student? Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

we had expected more from Autodesk company Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Autodesk does not respect us unfortunately, but yet we love it Smiley SadSmiley Sad

we don't want extensions for Revit only, we want free extensions for other program that available in Autodesk student website too.

please tell this matter to Autodesk company

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report