Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining robot files

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pevelor
1119 Views, 5 Replies

Combining robot files

Hi 

The project I am working on consists of several buildings with one shared parking garage.

The top buildings and the parking garage is split into seperate robot files.

For load take down etc I want to combine the models again into one Robot file.

Is this possible, and if so how is this done?

In addition, the above is also seperate Revit files. Is it possible to send from Revit to Robot even the linked files or how is the workflow for this?

Kind Regards

Peder

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

The project I am working on consists of several buildings with one shared parking garage.

The top buildings and the parking garage is split into separate robot files.

Open one of the models and use

insert from file.PNG

and indicate the model (file) you want to merge.

In addition, the above is also separate Revit files. Is it possible to send from Revit to Robot even the linked files or how is the workflow for this?

You can create separate rtd files for each Revit models and use the above illustrated approach.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
O.Maille
in reply to: pevelor

Is there a way where the file only contains manual connections with manual loads (ie. no bars or nodes)

@pevelor wrote:

Hi 

The top buildings and the parking garage is split into seperate robot files.

In addition, the above is also seperate Revit files. Is it possible to send from Revit to Robot even the linked files or how is the workflow for this?

Kind Regards

Peder

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: O.Maille

Hi @O.Maille 

Is there a way where the file only contains manual connections with manual loads (ie. no bars or nodes)

Yes, you can start a new project selection the connection module stand alone and define both connections and set of forces for each of them

steel connections stand alone.JPG 

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
O.Maille
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

That's what we have done but there's now 3/4 of these files and I want them to combine into one, the above method doesn't seem to work as there is no geometry.

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: O.Maille

Hi @O.Maille 

I can't think of any option that would allow for merging such files Smiley Sad

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report