Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined Footings

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
andres12345
2356 Views, 6 Replies

Combined Footings

hello:

Someone could guide me through the combined
shoe model when calculating relize I asked to enter bending armor, I tried and
I can not enter it, or better yet if there is another way to achieve combined
footings and footings with tie beams.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Try to select two supported nodes before exporting reactions to the RC Spread Footing design module and answer YES for two columns question as shown on the attached picture.

For the stand alone RC Design module just select the right geometry type.

Currently the tie beam can only be defined as the bending moment reduction parameter.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

hello:

Good suggestion, followed the steps and
turned.

* Thanks for the additional information

Very grateful

Message 4 of 7

Hello, I'm having a similar problem. I have three nodes pretty close together and want to design a combined footing for all of them. However once I run the RC Design, the option to design a combined footing is not displayed and it designs 2 sepparate ones, one with the 2 closest nodes and a 2nd one with the remaining one. Is there any way I could join together those footings?

Thank you in advance, your posts are of great help! Dzienkuje bardzo! 

Message 5 of 7

Hi @alvaro.conde

You may consider adding the 4th node in their geometrical center with assigned support (master node) and connection it with these 3 nodes (slave nodes with no supports) with rigid links. Then you can design n isolated footing for the reactions from the supported (central) node. If you need to 'see' 3 columns then Robot will not be able to design such foundation.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 7

Thank you very much for your rapid response. That's exactly what we thought and what we were doing, although we weren't very sure about it.

We are having a similar "problem" with wall footings. The software uses the node located at the corner of the wall mesh to design the footing. This node has usually the highest reactions and half the area to distribute them, so we got some rather big footings. We are trying to reduce them by linking all the nodes at the base of the wall to one of them located in the center and adding the support only to this one. 

Would you consider this an acceptable and safe consideration?

Thank you again!

Message 7 of 7

Hi @alvaro.conde

Have you tired to use the approach demonstrated during the 5th Robot webinar?

RC wall foundation 1.JPGRC wall foundation 2.JPG 

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report