Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combinations generation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AlexS_2013
453 Views, 3 Replies

Combinations generation

I have 3 wind load cases Fx, Fy, Mz plus load cases for gravity loads (Dead, live....) . I need to create 24 wind load combinations, for example:

Wcomb1 = Fx+0.75Fy+0.35Mz 

or

Wcomb2 = 0.5Fx+0.5Fy ..... etc.

up to Wcomb24

Then I need to generate load combinations according to the code, for example:

1.2D+1.6L+1.4W or 0.9D+1.6W and so on..., where instead of W I need to substitute each of 24 wind load combinations.

In the end it turns out to be more than 250 combinations.

What is the best way to generate these combinations in Robot? As far as I understand I will need to create wind load combinations by hand, but I'm not sure how to generate code combinations with each of these 24 Wcomb. I've read the manual, but still confused about how to do this. I don't have experience with creating load combinations in Robot and I'm especially confused with relations, so detailed answer will help a lot. 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Try the following:

1. Define 24 dummy wind load cases W1, W2 ... W24.

2. Generate manual combinations using the combination wizard (1.2D+1.6L+1.4W or 0.9D+1.6W and so on...)

3. Create additional 24 combinations (Wcomb1 = Fx+0.75Fy+0.35Mz or Wcomb2 = 0.5Fx+0.5Fy ..... etc.)

4. Edit the combinations from the point 1 replacing W1 with Wcomb1, W2 with  Wcomb2  etc.). This can be done either in Robot or in Excel.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
rsousa_
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Everytime I need to do manual combinations I do it in EXcel with my own spreadsheet. But you can use Rafal that it is here.

Of course Rafal (our VBA and API "guru") is better, programatically speaking, but mine is tuned to my needs. This is always what I do.

Regards

Message 4 of 4
AlexS_2013
in reply to: rsousa_

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report