Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columns Calculation Note

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
faisal.aaouatif
2439 Views, 25 Replies

Columns Calculation Note

Hi all ;

Im on RSA2011 - SP6 and  i'm traying to work with Reinforment Columns module under EC8.

After exporting a column from RSA the remarks ive found are :

1. even if my live loads are defined on categorie "F" wich means a coefficient Psi-2 = 0.6 ; loadind table on the RC module shows 0.30 which not modifiable .... ( is there a way to correct it ? ) -- please See attachement

2.By examining the calculation Note ; i've found these remarks -- please See attachements ::

2.a Problem in calculation final excentricity

2.b Very big Moment magnificient coeffient

2.c the effective creep is greater the conventional one wich i think not correct.

2.d How does RSA determine the coefficient Js ? it is done after obtaining the reinforcement ?

Ive done calculation of this columns in comparaison on a excel sheet , an i obtained more reasonable values ie : Magnificient coeff = 2.834 ; effective creap = 0.226 ; [can send snap shot inf required].

I need to be figure out these pb -- have several columns to calculate

Thank you for help

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

I have just noticed that you replaced the files in the different folder than I indicated:

Please replace the original files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM\2012\DBAccess

replaced files in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM\2012\DBAccess

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 22 of 26

sorry for the inconveniance but i couldnt find the DBacess directory  in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM\2012\" folder , so this is why i  used the Program Files (x86) one .... 

anyway (having no time to go further) , im trying to install rsapro2012 in a completly new machine on win7 pro 32 bits

i hope i'll get no problem ....

thanks a lot

Message 23 of 26

after new installation of rsa2012 things goes ok.

thx

Message 24 of 26
stroxy
in reply to: faisal.aaouatif

2.By examining the calculation Note ; i've found these remarks -- please See attachements ::

2.a Problem in calculation final excentricity

2.b Very big Moment magnificient coeffient

Hi Artur

I am having the same issues as above and following the thread, I think the explanation to the issue was somehow lost in the other details.  Could you please comment on that issue specifically?

Message 25 of 26
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: stroxy

Stroxy,

Please check your acting axial force vs. the critical force for this column. My assumption is that you it is either very close or above it.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 26 of 26

7.in the formula computing the rigdity ( EJ )shown at the calculation note ; it seems that the module Ecd is not divided by (1+coeff effective creep). - Is RSA consider that the column isolated even if its a part of hyperstatic structure ? (Reminder : See Eurocode2 - Art5.8.7.2.(4)) [Priority 1]

Correct. The request for implementation of Art5.8.7.2.(4)) is added to the wish list.

Implemented in Robot 2015.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums