Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Design with Russian codes

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
SerhanB
847 Views, 10 Replies

Column Design with Russian codes

I'm facing some major setbacks while using provided reinforcemet module with Russian codes.

1-) Steel grade A500 or others from database SP 52-101-03 cannot be used because their design strengths are taken incorrect values

2-) Design code SP 52-01-2003 and SP 63.13330.2012 can not be used for provided reinforcement as they provide wrong results and no info at all.

I found a post, dating back to the begining of 2013,regarding one of the issues... after a new version and many updates these errors are still going on.
I've attached two files indicating these problems and the model file. Please guide me a way out of this. 

At least I should be able to give a custom reinforcement design strength value to obtain sane results with old russian code. How can I achieve that?

Thanks

Serhan BAKIR
http://www.stand.com.tr/
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: SerhanB

Coorrected in 2014 SP4

2014sp4.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 11
SerhanB
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,

I regret to say that both issues are still valid with sp4... Default design value printed as 510 MPa (that you have shown for Rs) is incorrect. Unfortunately when A500 or another grade is selected from the list the Rs value is still taken as 225Mpa. Correct values should be determined according to the attached page of Russian code SP52-101-2003 which are

for A500

characteristic strength: 500MPa

design strength: 435MPa

Serhan BAKIR
Message 4 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Snip code year 83 is used.
Steels are accepted according to the following table and only those (with a tolerance of up to 5 MPa) are really supported.
Previous amendments were made and tested for 395 MPa steel, which "hit" in the steel AIII 390, so the results were correct.
Steel, for example, 500 MPa has no equivalent one in old code, and is assumed to be taken as first in the list (235) and for such matters.

snipsteel.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 11
SerhanB
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Is it possible to manually override those values ( ...,390, 590, ...)? from rebar database file maybe? until the new steel grade list is implemented.

Serhan BAKIR
Message 6 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Sorry, hardcoded.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 11

the same thing with ECCS 203 2001
the values where extremely different,but after the SP4 the values where changed and they still have wrong values.

Message 8 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

@SerhanB wrote:

Is it possible to manually override those values ( ...,390, 590, ...)? from rebar database file maybe? until the new steel grade list is implemented.

Usually the design code provides formulas so that you can e.g. enter the value of material properties to have the outcome but the Russian code is different. If you look at the attached screen capture you can see that some coefficients are just linked to the steel grades listed (included) in the code. There is no information what should be done in case e.g. steel grade is different than the listed in the code (see one of the  Rafal's previous message where this list is attached).

This is the reason that user defined steel grades are for this particular code not supported. I hope this explains the situation.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 11
SerhanB

Well than there is nothing to do until the new material list is implemented. For now one can not use provided reinforcement module with current materials and codes for Russia.

I appreciate it if you can register these two issues mentioned and so we can expect a solution with the next service pack or hotfix. Thank you

Serhan BAKIR
Message 10 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm sorry for not being clear enough. To put it in another way the code describes what to do with the grades listed in the code itself but says nothing about what to do with the values that are not there. E.g. for steel with Rsn = 490 shall we use coefficients as for A-III or A-IV and so on.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 11
SerhanB

I totally understand you; If I were in your shoes I'd leave that decision to the user. Either by asking for the design strength or by asking for the material coefficient (in the calculation options dialog). And carry on the ultimate strength design with that design value. (for both theoretical and real rebar calculations).

Serhan BAKIR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report