Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Ronny_Raygun
208 Views, 1 Reply

Column design output

Another question from a new Robot user.

I’ve run the column design calculations on a couple of occasions now and the output does not seem right at all.

The model which you will find on the attached link, (no errors or warnings, and the slab seems OK) has, for example a corner column carrying eight floors apparently only requires 100mm2 reinforcement along “b” and 60mm2 along “h”. It’s providing 2 H20s along “b” and the same along “h”. This is a column that is 200x800mm so it can’t be right.

I have left the preferences as defaults, but to be perfectly honest, my knowledge of EC2 is quite limited and so I'm not sure what I could/should altter.

You can find the model at the following link. Can someone give some guidance on how to get a believable column design, as I do not believe the output that I am getting at the moment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s408yfh3mw2muau/Nine%20Storey_2013_03_27.rtd

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The actual distribution of reinforcement is as shown on the attached picture.

I don't know what area of reinforcement the user expects but before focusing on this I would check the values of forces used for the design of the column. Are they as expected? If not, check the applied loads and their distribution in the model. If they are as expected what results according to the user should be and why?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report