Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column-beam (two-sided) connection button disabled ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
corne_mo
1122 Views, 3 Replies

Column-beam (two-sided) connection button disabled ?

I am doing some manual connection analysis using the steel connection module of Robot Pro 2014.

In the New Connection toolbar I can select all connection types except the Column-beam (two-sided) connection, which button is disabled and grey coloured.

I however need this analysis type. How can I make Robot enable this button so I can do such an analysis?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: corne_mo

This connection type is available only for French CM66 code.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
corne_mo
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Eurocode asks for a check taking into account the interaction of both beams (mainly for web shear checks).

Is this incorporated in the single sided column-beam check by entering values for moments and forces for both b1 and b2?

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: corne_mo

Yes, it is. If you check the calculation note  ( or use manual calculations of the connection) you can see the forces for both (left and right) beams. Mind that it is assumed that the beams are of similar sizes.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report