Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code of practice for foundation for machinery

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alb2
348 Views, 1 Reply

code of practice for foundation for machinery

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your help in solving the model attached to this email. It is the example of a block foundation from the British code of practice for foundation for machinery.

The model was easy to model, I am not so sure in putting the right soil coefficient in the elastic supports, so that means not so sure on the frequencies also.

Does it mean : if i want tonly the frequencies in the X direction, in the modal analysis option I have to select only the X direction, while in load to mass convertion I selected all direction with -1 factor?

Also don't understand how to apply the secondary couples and the harmonic torque?

In case of the secondary couple, Mz, the vertical natural frequency of the system must be used ( selected) how can this frequency be selected and which type of analysis would you racomand?

For the torque moment My, which acts at frequency 50 Hz,I suppose the harmonic analysis will be more adequate?

Can a time history analysis be perormed for both moments acting on the structure?

Can you please help me solving this example with RSA.

http://www.2shared.com/file/x6LS6ubo/cp2012.html

Thank you in advance for your help

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alb2
in reply to: alb2

Hello,

can you please give a look at this issue?!

In case u were about to solve this problem in RSA, how would you do it?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report