Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Combinatio0ns Tutorial

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jamalsid
497 Views, 3 Replies

Code Combinatio0ns Tutorial

Hello

Apologies if this has been asked before. I tried searching but couldn't find anything to answer my query.

I am trying to figure out how the code combinations works for auto generating combinations according to the Eurocodes.

I have a model where I have 4 wind loads (X+, X-, Y+ & Y-), 4 imposed load cases that include a horizontal component that can act in any direction. I want to combine the imposed load cases with the wind load cases that act in the same direction only.  So I want Wind X+ to be combined with Imposed X+ but i dont want a combination that contains Wind X+ with Imposed X-.  There are other loads in the model that will also need to be combined in the appropriate way.

I have read the help file and to be honest am no wiser as to how to use the groups and relations tabs to to set up the rules for creating the combinations how I want them,

Is there a tutorial or a step by step explanation anywhere that shows how to do something like this?

Also I have managed to split my 4 wind load casese into 4 groups but can't figure out how to un group them?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: jamalsid

Currently in Robot you can only set relations among load cases that have the same nature. In your case you would have to assign wing load type to the horizontal cases (you may need to alter load value if the load factor for these load cases is different than the one for wind) and then group one wind load case with one horizontal case using AND operator for relation between them and OR(EXCL) among wind load groups. Otherwise just create manual combinations instead.

Also I have managed to split my 4 wind load casese into 4 groups but can't figure out how to un group them?

See the attached picture 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
40ushek
in reply to: jamalsid

Its my program Smiley Happy

Do u need it?

Message 4 of 4
jamalsid
in reply to: 40ushek

That looks interesting. Wouldn't mind a look if thats ok.

Thankyou

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report