Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
tord
1207 Views, 7 Replies

Cladding

Hello ARSA support

When I put a cladding at my construction it seems to be wrong load distribution.

See attached file.

Everything looks OK, but the beam 24 and 17 (in the lower part)

No load distributes to (41 42 43) and (11 12 25)?

/ Tord

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: tord

Try to display loads generated automatically to verify the actual generation of loads.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
tord
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hello Artur

See attached PNG.

It shows that the loads don´t distributes to all of the beams.

/ Tord

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Attach this model please.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
tord

Hello Artur

Here is the model.

See the two Lineloads with PZ-info (-5.7 & -8.2) outside the model at LoadCase "Nyttig Kat. C3"

They should be approx the same.(3,0 x 1,9 = 5,7)

/ Tord

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

This is going to be a stupid question but why want to have load applied to the edge beams when you set them as being ignored during load distribution? Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
tord

Hello Artur, that´s not a stupid question!

The beam is in fact a "wall", but I dident manage to set it like a wall. I got problem with the releases for the beams. And that is because I haven´t manage to fully understand the releases yet. I guess I was trying a lot of things before I gave up the walls.

Actually, I have put so much time to understand Robot, which is a very good program, but unfortunately without a good documentation.

I will try to investigate my problems better next time.

Thank´s Artur

(Do you have somthing good to read/see about releases - Please send it to me)

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

The beam is in fact a "wall", but I dident manage to set it like a wall.

In such case you could either define a vertical panel or just supports instead of these beams.

I got problem with the releases for the beams.

This should not be that difficult. You can apply them only to beam's ends. By default all is fixed meaning you have transfer of bending as well as shear and axial forces. If you want to have one of these internal forces not to be transferred to other elements you define release marking the corresponding check box e.g. RY which means there is no MY bending moment transfer (pinned connection).

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report