Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
saclovitzky
545 Views, 5 Replies

cladding

Hello,

I've created a cladding for a steel frame to distibute loads(see attached model) but I notice that the cladding is not doing its functions of distributing loads(I checked the deformation due to wind loads but the value is zero!). Did I miss something here?

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You used the incorrect load type. In v.19 of Robot for claddings you should use surface on object type rather than FE one. In addition I changed the distribution method from the grillage to the trapezoidal and triangular one which produces better results.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
saclovitzky
in reply to: saclovitzky

Hello Artur,

I used surface loading in v19(surface/uniform planar load-x/y dir) but it doesnt work, but when I try the same model with

arsap 2012 it works fine, I do not know why it doesnt work in v19?

Regards,

Message 4 of 6

Looking at the load table you can see that the actual load type is (FE) uniform. This kind of load originally could be used for panels only but  in the newer versions we made the improvement allowing this type of load to be used on claddings too.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
saclovitzky

Hello Artur,

"You used the incorrect load type. In v.19 of Robot for claddings you should use surface on object type rather than FE one. In addition I changed the distribution method from the grillage to the trapezoidal and triangular one which produces better results."

Waht do you mean of "use surface on object type rather than FE one" can you further explain this technique for v19?

Also, see attached screenshot to augment my question.

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
saclovitzky

Thanks Artur ,I already got it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report