Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cladding Panels and lateral load distribution

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
leegsstewart
611 Views, 5 Replies

Cladding Panels and lateral load distribution

Good morning,

I have tried to apply lateral wind loads to the panel as per the screen grab and RSA keeps returning the following errer ''The load has not been distributed correctly ''

Wall Panel wind loads.PNG

I have input the panel node to node, that are at slab / wall and beam ends. The diagram does show that the load is distributed as expected, half height.

As always your help would be great!

Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gt6s4mfkitlc5p/Western%20Gallery%20RC%20frames_Rev_2%28wind%20loads%20app...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
leegsstewart
in reply to: leegsstewart

I have changed slab to rigid diaphragm, I presume that this was the cause of the error?

Conversely, my preference would be to retain the floor slabs as a FE shell, but with XY stiffening, so that the lateral loads are applied to the shearwalls, however this returns similiar error messages, plus instabilities.

To calculate the lateral loads to the foundation, I intend to make the floor slabs as rigid diaphragms, but does this result in a discrepeny of results?

Many thanks as always.

Cheers

Message 3 of 6
leegsstewart

That should be I intend to use the floors as shells with XY stiffening.

Message 4 of 6

I have tried to apply lateral wind loads to the panel as per the screen grab and RSA keeps returning the following errer ''The load has not been distributed correctly ''

Wall Panel wind loads.PNG

I have input the panel node to node, that are at slab / wall and beam ends. The diagram does show that the load is distributed as expected, half height.

As far as I can see the sum of reactions for case 10 is correct meaning the load has been applied. In such case you can ignore the warning. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Arthur. Is there anyway to remove warning, or is just one of those things?!

Cheers

Message 6 of 6
Rafacascudo

ignore warnings.jpg

Rafael Medeiros
Robot Structural Analysis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report