Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cladding loads to nodes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FilRib
694 Views, 4 Replies

Cladding loads to nodes

Hi.

Is there a way to distribute cladding loads ONLY to nodes? (i dont want to have Nodal Forces, not distributed)

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
FilRib
in reply to: FilRib

And one more question:

Why is the option "grillage analysis method" unavaliable in the load distribution menu?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

1. Yes, it is (see the attached picture)

2. The reason was that this way of load distribution was different that commonly expected for typical situations and when the newer triangular and trapezoidal method was introduced it replaced the older one but it is still supported for the (older) models where it was used (this is why it is still visible in the interface).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5
FilRib
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur,

Thanks for the quick and usefull response. 

And if i have bars in the edges divideded in "n" parts, and i want to distribute the load only to the nodes? Can i do that? 

In the example i have made, i ignored the edge bars (In load distribution - options) but i have 4 nodes per edge that are not receiving the load.

Please se pic attached.

Thanks!

1.jpg

Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

You need to lower the beams and connect them with the nodes defined at the level of the cladding by some 'fake' elements.

cladding loads to nodal forces1.png

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report