Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center of Force

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mgaafar
316 Views, 4 Replies

Center of Force

Hi, I am designing an inclinded steel crane with different load cases, is there a way to know the center of force for each load case?

I know I can do that in the RC building module, but its a hassle to do it with inclined steel tower.

is there an easy way to show this information?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
t.sautierr
in reply to: mgaafar

I would say it is also the center of reaction so is it easier to calculate (less supports than forces generally), but I don't know if the information is available directly ... I think so but where ...?

Message 3 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mgaafar

Look at the reaction table (sum of reactions). You have the total value of forces plus values of bending moments with respect to point of (0,0,0) coordinates. That should allow you to determine the location of the points you are looking for.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5

Hi arthur,

is it possible to set the torsor of reaction to another point than (0,0,0) ? without changing the whole coordinates system?

Message 5 of 5

No, it isn't.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report