Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
mark.martin.se
1397 Views, 4 Replies

Capacity curve

Hi,...

....I'm looking for a value of alpha,1 (load factor when the first plastic hinge occurs) and alpha,u (load factor when the global instability occurs) after pushover analysis! Is such data available in ARSA?

And one more thing,....is there the ability to trace sequences of hinge formation?

Regards!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Anyone?

Message 3 of 5

mark.martin.se wrote:

Hi,...

....I'm looking for a value of alpha,1 (load factor when the first plastic hinge occurs) and alpha,u (load factor when the global instability occurs) after pushover analysis! Is such data available in ARSA?

I ma afraid there is no such result in automatic way.

Look at results by yourself and find them

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 5
Tuctas
in reply to: mark.martin.se

Hi,

Unfortunately, as concerns push over analysis and the displayed results of it, Robot has yet some issues to resolve.

That what you asked about the load factor where the structure yields could normally and easily be determined if the user had the ability to view the non linear hinges of the structure marked (or colored if the “acceptance criteria” was working in Robot: until now it is not) depending on the plastic state of them for each selected increment (load component). In Robot, such an inspection can be done only by viewing the diagrams of each member individually (by finding in which hinge and for which corresponding increment the value of My is primarily reached and then determine the point of the capacity curve that corresponds to the increment that was found before) and not in the whole structure’s view.

The state of global instability anyway cannot be determine “automatically” but comes out from the designer’s judgment by “reading” properly the capacity curve.  

Message 5 of 5

I have the exact same question as the post, i did get my answer but the post is quite old, has there been any improvement in Robot concerning the alpha factor?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report