Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant seem to get required reinforcement...help please.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hemi79
191 Views, 3 Replies

Cant seem to get required reinforcement...help please.

Hi everyone. I'm working on a projec that I have to model entirely. for now I've started with the first floor since its the only one with a concrete slab supported by concrete columns (first level). All others will be steel and 3"concrete on deck (5 stories total). I'm rusty with the software and I've been at it for a while so I thought I'de post while I power nap and get back to it in a couple hours. attached is the file, but here are some questions I have. 

1. the idea is to have a flat slab with beams. I've modeled independent models between beams, is the correct? 

2. What is the trick to adding a nice mesh? I've gone in there and added modes on the perimeter of the slab and spaced on center, but still its pretty ugly.

3. When checking for required reinforcement I get nothing. No colors in map or values. 

Thanks for the help. 

Ivan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: hemi79

1. the idea is to have a flat slab with beams. I've modeled independent models between beams, is the correct? 

Can be. 

2. What is the trick to adding a nice mesh? I've gone in there and added modes on the perimeter of the slab and spaced on center, but still its pretty ugly.

Search the forum for "meshing parameters" or "recommended meshing parameters" 

BTW: almost all your panels are ovelapping, it needs to be corrected.

My model attached (corrected panels and applied correct meshing parameters)

3. When checking for required reinforcement I get nothing. No colors in map or values. 

No loads, no results, no reinforcement

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
hemi79
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you for the help. I will look into the meshing parameters. Actually I now realize since I separated the panels per crossing beam, I may not have applied them correctly. But aside from that, I also realized the loads I had been applying were crazy since I was applying them in lbs/ft^2, and I needed to apply them correctly in kips/ft^2. In regards to the overlapping of panels, I applied my panels based on the perimeter of the exterior face of the column, what distance should I account for so that I don't overlap? 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: hemi79

what distance should I account for so that I don't overlap? 

Check model I sent you - no distance.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report