Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I export a Connection drawing to AutoCAD Structural Detailing Steel?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mjoflor
5796 Views, 11 Replies

Can I export a Connection drawing to AutoCAD Structural Detailing Steel?

Hi , can i export  a conection drawing to structural detailing on steel module ??, thanks

@mjoflor Artur Kosakowskiedited the topic for better findability 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mjoflor

You can save them as dxf files and link with the ASD dwg file. On the other hand you may try to export Robot file with defined connections to ASD Steel.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 12
mjoflor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Ok thanks but you tell me save the all prooject as a DXF files or only the connection part?????, i only need the connection drawing not all the structure, thanks

Message 4 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

In the same way as a model but having the connection scheme view active.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 12
mjoflor

thanksssssss, saludos

Message 6 of 12
duchoabn

How to export conection 3D to Autocad structural detailing, conection in ASD is 3D object

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: duchoabn

When you import Robot model with defined connections to ASD Steel (the link is available from ASD) the (supported) connections are imported too.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 12
duchoabn

Thanks Artur

I want export 3d conection from robot to ASD, i used tapered profile for beam and column

please guide me as image

Thank you very much

Message 9 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: duchoabn

The transfer of connection defined between tapered profiles is not supported in the link.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 12
SMaay

Thank you !

Message 11 of 12

Connections are exported in dxf format only, not in dwg format.

Message 12 of 12

Hi @sachinkumar.agarwal

Thank you for your post and your willingness to help others. It is much appreciated. 

You are absolutely right in what you wrote for saving a scheme of a connection created in Robot as a drawing but as this topic is for the link between RSA and ASD Steel it used to be possible to export the entire connection to this steel detailing program.

I have edited the topic of this thread to avoid any future misunderstanding. 

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report