Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in reported cladding area being twice as large

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
TorgrimO
466 Views, 9 Replies

Bug in reported cladding area being twice as large

It seems that there is a bug in my inspector dialog box, that for some claddings in the same model, the area shown in the i.d.b. is twice as large as what it really is. See attached pic. I am afraid this might cause calculation errors in my applied loads. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: TorgrimO

I don't think this is anything more than the display in the Inspector issue. Is it the same when you save the file under a new name and restart Robot?

Could you send me the rtd file and tell what was the last operations before you selected the cladding and checked its area please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
TorgrimO
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Unfortunately I can't share the model but it has been like this for a while now and also occurs in recovery mode. As far as i can tell the load sums/reactions for one of the uniformly distributed load cases on one of the affected panels shows that the area is correct during analysis. 

edit: I uploaded a model where i cut out the two panels shown in the attachment and copied into a new model and now both of them seem to show twice the area. 

Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you for the file. We will investigate this situation to find out what causes the incorrect display in the Inspector..

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10
TorgrimO

Did you find out what the problem was?

Message 6 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

It is still under investigation. We actually have some initial assumptions. Do you remember if the way you created these claddings was the use of CTRL+C and CTRL+V to copy them from one location to another?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10
TorgrimO

It is possible, but i can't say for sure.

Message 8 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Looking at this issue again I have managed to find the following workaround:

-       select the cladding with the wrong area

-       RMB and change it to a panel in its properties

-       open the load distribution – claddings dialog

-       assign the selected type (e.g. two way) to the panel which converts it back to the cladding

In case you want to have the selfweight of the cladding being included in the calculation based on the thickness you assigned to it:

-       select the cladding with the wrong area

-       RMB and change it to a panel in its properties

-       select the curtain wall calculation model

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10

Another (easier) solution:

1 . Select claddings with wrong areas

2. Move them by (0,0,0) vector

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Corrected in Robot 2016.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report