Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in panel display

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tony.ridley
417 Views, 2 Replies

Bug in panel display

Hi,

I have a frustrating problem;

When i draw a poly line and extrude it to make a curved panel, I get the problem described here;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Thickness-of-extruded-element/td-p/4347012

I cannot make a thickness appear in the object inspector. 

So i create FE mesh on this, and then I use panel creation with a list of FE's to create the curved panel that I want.  See pic 1;

panel OK.JPG

I then either use mirror or rotate to copy the panel to make a tube.  Then this happens;

panel BAD.JPG

Why?  Why is drawing circular / curved panels in Robot so frustrating? 

If I leave it just as an extruded polyline (i.e. not using mesh then create panel with FE's), the edges are defined in a way that does not let me apply loads or apply edge releases properly. 

Thanks,

Tony

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Tony,

The option of converting extruded objects into panels is on the wish list. On the other hand I can't see any problems with applying linear releases or loads on edges.

Mind that you can create this object in the different way:

1. Define an arc

2. Copy it above

3. Link two arches with side lines

4. Use these 4 objects to create a panel.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Nice one.  Didn't think of that method.  Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report