Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge vehicle Autoloader

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
paogonowski
757 Views, 13 Replies

Bridge vehicle Autoloader

Dear customer service,

Could you please explain the reason the above option was changed in the latest versions of the software?

Why the load patern and definition of influance surface (it still shows the vehicle icon in the left top corner) do not work with load case defined as the vehicle moving on the route.

If the option was modyfied and should work with such loads, then could you please provide guide on this?

Thank you in advance

Pawel

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. What do you mean by latest (vs. older) versions of software?

Could you make some screen captures that illustrate the situation? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 14

Dear Artur,

The version we have in office (2013) doesn't include this option. 

Attached are screenshots from the model.

Regards

Pawel

Message 4 of 14

Is that the choice of the structure type? You need surface elements for generatin of the influence surface.

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-420181AE-59CE-4F44-90C5-683DC7F99EBE.htm

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 14

Artur,

I read this earlier. Element No. 21 is the FE type. But the generator does not create a influance surface for defined vehicle. 

Can I generate this load case from results and influance line. You allowed to pick FE and corresponding the member type the result. Is it teh same?

Thanks

Pawel

Message 6 of 14

Try to press the indicated button and then generate the influence surface again.

default display2.PNG

If that does not help attach the rtd file please.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 14

Hi Artur,

The software generates influance surface but doesn't apply vehicle load in worse location. 

Is it the only option to define load by hand from Case Selector (available for vehicle load)? Is it the way to work with this?

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesROBOT/GUID-420181AE-59CE-4F44-90C5-683DC7F...

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 14

This option has got a different objective. It shows you where to add additional load to increase the effect of a e.g. vehicle being in a certain position. For example you have a vehicle in the middle of a span and you focus on the deflection of the span in the middle of its length. The output that you can get from the influence surfaces is the information where you should add additional surface load too increase the deflection in this location (and where not to apply it as it would actually reduce it).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 14

But isn't this option a step back if we compare previous autoloader. If so, what was the reason to do this change?

Artur, I know what for influance lines/surfaces are but I'm looking in the software help to make my work easier. 

Unfortunately, I cannot transfer concentrated vehicle load to the influace surface of the selected load effect. 

Usefull thing could be if the vehicle load can be transfered to created load in the influance surface dialog box.

As a conclusion the answer for now is that old style autoloader doesn't work and new one doesn't do things the old did in past.

Thanks

Pawel

Message 10 of 14

Pawel,

In such case you are referring to the entirely different functionality which is not available for Robot versions released by Autodesk.

The influence surfaces option has not been changed and is available with the same range of application for both Robobat and Autodesk released versions of Robot. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 14

I will reply my question then: why this function was removed?

http://www.robotoffice.com/!n/film_str/44/044_player_swf.htm?robot/044_robot_bridge_load_analysis,80...

The presentation is still availble on the robotoffice website. What are the chances the function can be re-implemented into software. As a bridge engineer I found this option as very usefull. Can you imagine the time required to create surfaces and point loads as per your guidenance after seeing how the old autoloader do this (see the movie).

Regards

Pawel

Message 12 of 14

Pawel,

I'm sorry but all I can say is that the option is not available in the versions of Robot released by Autodesk.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 13 of 14

It´s a pity. It was a great feature!!!! Maybe it can go into the wish list!!!!

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 14

It is very sad, and as You, I have already ask this question to the Technical Team, it seems that this module was nort part of the deal betwwen Robobat and Autodesk. But I don't know why the RSA thecnical team doen'st include it in the futures realeases of RSA, actually if you want to do complete bridge analysis which consist to taking in count the position of the vehicle load in a particular lane on a bridge you have to go to CSI Bridge or Software like Graitec ADVANCE Design America, that's mean that RSA is not really convenient to use with new Eurocodes for Bridge and AASHTO and it's very sad

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Does-the-Bridge-Autoloader-modulus-will-to-r...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report