Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre bars

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RSAvis
341 Views, 5 Replies

Bizarre bars

I have some strange bars in my model that i can not select and deselect them, please help me if it is not my problems.

Thanks so much.7-5-2013 9-47-30 AM.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: RSAvis

They appear to be some 'ghost' display of already deleted bars. If you open the file in the repair model they are no longer shown. The recommended approach is to open the file in the repair mode and save it under a new name. If these bars should exist they have to be defined again afterwards.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
RSAvis
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you Artur.

I do not think it is 'ghost' display because I have their effots. I do not know "repair model", could you please enlighten me how to use this mode.

Thanks again.

7-5-2013 2-31-41 PM.jpg

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

They are not correctly stored in the internal data of Robot. For the repair mode see the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
RSAvis
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you Artur.

One question is how i can find all elements which has this probleme because my model is big with numerous elements. When i use this mode these elements will be deleted automaticlly, so i do not know exactly positions of these elements to restore.

And what are causes of this problem to avoid in building of model

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

One question is how i can find all elements which has this probleme because my model is big with numerous elements. When i use this mode these elements will be deleted automaticlly, so i do not know exactly positions of these elements to restore.

You may try to export bar tables from to Excel and compare bar number columns.

Select all bars in the original model. Delete them. Delete all nodes that are not 'attached' to any bar. The remaining nodes will indicate the positions of bars you need to restore in the repaired file.

And what are causes of this problem to avoid in building of model

I'm not able to determine the origin of this situation yet I strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Robot.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report