Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beams Reinforcement Patern issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
faisal.aaouatif
300 Views, 4 Replies

Beams Reinforcement Patern issues

Good Morning/Evening ;

I dont know if it has been corrected in the 2015 (im on 2014) version but i found 02 "small" issues in beams reinforcement :

1.After exporting a beam form RSA to reinforcement module , and changing its orientation , and doing calculations ; then if i want to change the right cross parameters ( angle from 0 to 90 for example ) , in the bar parameter table , the modification is done on the left cross on the Reinfrocement beam elevation ( and vice verca ).

2.The use of "Suspended Load" ( Case when a beam is supporting another one ) reinforcement pattern can not be took into account , because we dont have access to load partern (to specifie if nodal load is supsended or not ) as in case of beams not exported from RSA FE model.

Has it been fixed , if not is there a workaround ?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

1.After exporting a beam form RSA to reinforcement module , and changing its orientation , and doing calculations ; then if i want to change the right cross parameters ( angle from 0 to 90 for example ) , in the bar parameter table , the modification is done on the left cross on the Reinfrocement beam elevation ( and vice verca ).

Could you attach the sample beam and screen captures that illustrate the above please? Is the left cross the left hook?

2.The use of "Suspended Load" ( Case when a beam is supporting another one ) reinforcement pattern can not be took into account , because we dont have access to load partern (to specifie if nodal load is supsended or not ) as in case of beams not exported from RSA FE model.

As you wrote the difference is that what is imported from a model is the bending moment and shear force diagram rather than actual load definition. On the other hand I think that for the situation you described (beam supporting another one) this is in most situation the load applied from above rather than suspended from below.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

Dear Artur ,

Please find Attached the link to the file in which i found the issue

http://we.tl/O48CYcI5cv

Please have a look to the beam Pou32-..-34 at the "1er Etage" Floor , on the reinforcement module.

If you click on the bottom reinforcement of the beam Pou32 , you will find that its left hook (in the bar property ) is 0 even if its showed as 90 in the elevation , but its right hook ( in the bar property ) is equal to 90 ...

Thank you.

PS : Message already sent as private one.

Message 4 of 5

Dear Faisal,

I have checked this issue on Robot 2015 SP2 and as far as I can see it has been solved.

left hook.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5

Ok

Great then

Thank VM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report