Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam to Column Connection

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
612 Views, 5 Replies

Beam to Column Connection

How can I connect a steel HEA 160 Column to a pitched HEA 160 beam, if the connection is not at the end of the beam.

Please refer to the attached image.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming the web of the horizontal beam is in plane of the column it should be just enough to select both elements and generate connection.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

The beam to column connection resulted in a connection at the edge. Please find an image showing what type of connection I seek

Please inform me if this is possible to do in RSA, or specify an alternative

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Such connection type is not available in Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
dimogrec

Le Mayo wrote: The beam to column connection resulted in a connection at the edge.

In the picture of the connection it looks like it's generated at the edge but in the calculations forces of both sides of the beam (horizontal member) are taken into account
Message 6 of 6
dimogrec

Le Mayo wrote : The beam to column connection resulted in a connection at the edge

Yes that's what how it looks in the picture of the results and in connection scheme. But in the calculations, forces of both sides of the beam (horizontal member) are taken into account

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report