Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Splice Connection (12m steel beam) ?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
canazakli
1200 Views, 1 Reply

Beam Splice Connection (12m steel beam) ?

Dear All,

i want to make splice connection on my pinned-pinned connected beam, but which type of release should i define at splice connection point ?

pinned-fixed+fixed-pinned or without any release ? Can i define node (splice point) as pinned or fixed ?

Releases: pinned-fixed+fixed pinned (light green beam)

Capture2.JPG

Releases: without any modification but it will be moment connection Smiley Sad(fixed-fixed+fixed-fixed) (light green beam)

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

In other words the question is how your intended connection is supposed to transfer bending moment. Knowing the answer you can decide on the release type:

- full bending moment transfer -> no releases needed

- no bending moment transfer -> release for the rotation at the connection point for one of the two beams

- partial bending moment transfer -> elastic / nonlinear release at the connection point for one of the two beams

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report