Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Reinforcement Anchorage

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
stroxy
1036 Views, 6 Replies

Beam Reinforcement Anchorage

How do I generate beam reinforcement so that I only have hooks at the extreme supports and not at intermediate supports?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
stroxy
in reply to: stroxy

I realize that I can go to the reinforcement menu and modify bar shapes, stirrup spacing etc.  However I am having trouble understanding the required and provided reinforcement over the support.  See attached picture and figure marked in red.  I have 3 x 20mm bars over the support so I was expecting an area of 9.42 sq.cm. instead of 3.25 displayed.  I thought it could have something to do with the anchorage length but changing the length of the hook seems to have no effect.

Message 3 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

As far as I can see you have frozen the reinforcement preventing Robot from changing it during the design process. I think the best way of understanding the situation is to look at the diagrams of bending moment along the beam vs. beam capacity (there you can see the decrease of capacity along the anchorage length of rebars) as well as required and provided reinforcement.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 7
stroxy
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Even with "unfrozen" reinforcement, I am having problems changing the hook length.  It has worked before so I must subsequently have set some parameter which is preventing it from doing so. Anty ideas what that might be?

Message 5 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Make sure you switched on the option indicated on the attached picture. Otherwise I need the file to look at.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 7
stroxy
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Artur, please find file attached.  Noticed the right end hook ican be modiified, but not the left.

Message 7 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Change the length of the hooks using the bar properties dialog.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report