Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar length zero

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
sorgjee
5473 Views, 9 Replies

Bar length zero

Hi,

I've exported part of a steel roof from and old revit model, but are having some problems making it run. The geometry have been manually corrected and stray members cleaned out, but during verification I'm received a persistent 'Bar length zero' error. The bars highlighted can be seen to clearly not be of zero length, and the properties also report it to have length. Any way of forcing Robot to wake up recognise the actual length the geometry of these bars represent?

I've attached the model for comparison. No, it is not the final model, so releases and supports have to be corrected further.

Regards,

E

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: sorgjee

1. Select all model (CTRL+ A)

2. Run intersection

3. Display Bars table and sort it by length

4. Select nodes that define the 0 length bars

5. Return to the original model and correct positions of these nodes

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10

What to do when Bar length in Bar value selection>General is not available (greyed out)?
Message 4 of 10

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Could you atatch the screen capture which illustrates the question please? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10

move to the 1st bar table tab (values) and lenght will already be marked  and being shown in the table!!!

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10

Thank you Rafacascudo,

I was in the Edit tab, right click in Table Columns does not allows Length to be selected.

The first tab Values displays the bar lenghts.

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

I have the same problem, so after doing previous steps how can I return to original model?

(the model has exploded for pieces after selection of Run intersection ) Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 10
siliaaPWY4A
in reply to: sorgjee

Hi, i have followed the steps suggested by Artur. However, as i had continuous beams, after the intersection command, all of my beams were exploded into smaller pieces. how can I avoid it please?

Message 9 of 10

hi @siliaaPWY4A 

As said by arthur it was necessary:
5. Return to the original model...

The intersection only made sense to measure the distance between nodes to remedy to zero lengths bars from the analytical model into your physical model by correcting too close nodes coordinates.

Try the Undo command to go back or if you have not overwritten, open your previous model.

Best regards

Message 10 of 10

Hi, 

I see, i did it and finally it works. 

thank you for your assistance. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums