Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axis of the bars that are not connected

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rainagaoka
522 Views, 8 Replies

Axis of the bars that are not connected

I have a truss in which the axes do not intersect. How to solve?

Rigid Links?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rainagaoka
in reply to: rainagaoka

also have problem in adding semi rigid connections with the realease-elastic.

Error: "Excessive releases at the bar."

Message 3 of 9

Why do you  need the partial releases for displacements (UX and UZ) ? If really needed you should define them on either beginning or end of a bar rather than at both ends. For the rigid liks \i think it is OK to define them like in the model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 9
rainagaoka

I need to add semi-rigid connections on models for displacement and rotation, then applied elastic releases. This right?

Message 5 of 9

Yes, the use of elastic releases is the way of defining semi-rigid connection between elements of a model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 9

I need to add axial and rotational deformation in the bar. But when aprece the error bars of excessive releases

ps: I have the value of axial and rotational rigide.

How do you do?

attach imge

Message 7 of 9

Just ignore the error as it is excessive. The check is incorrectly done as for full releases at both end of a bar.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 9

which is best suited to the problem of axes not intersecting rigid links or node compatible?

Message 9 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda

Compatible noes are created \ should be created in the same location as original node.
So use rigid links.
Truly saying I do not understand idea of using rigid links in your model. They are 4cm long so I guess there is no so big influence on main chords with them. But , of course, it is your choice.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report