Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically generated snow / wind loads according to EC1

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
john.sodergran
4435 Views, 9 Replies

automatically generated snow / wind loads according to EC1

Is there any function in robot 2012 that automatically generates snow / wind loads to an existing frame ? or

Can you use the frame generator for making snow / wind loads (all different zones) on an existing frame ?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

It depends on national code set in job preferences. For some only 2D, for some 3D also.

clima2d.jpg

CLIMA3D.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 10

if the wind and snow 2D / 3D field cannot be chosen, does this mean that it cannot be used with the national code currently set ? (Finland)

Message 4 of 10

John

if the wind and snow 2D / 3D field cannot be chosen, does this mean that it cannot be used with the national code currently set ? (Finland)

Yes, but select French code, then specify "your" pressures and check generated loads.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 10
olivierkst
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hello,

If I understand well, wind and snow loads according to the Eurocode cannot be generated automatically in RSA 2012. at least for 3D structures.

Do you happen to know whether it will be implemented in RSA 2013?

Thanks for your answer

Olivier

Message 6 of 10

If you mean arbitrary shape of 3D structure then this is not possible (you can use cladding load instead) however this is possible for a  warehouse structure types that are based on number of identical frames (you enter the geometry of a single frame in a 2D Frame model and then you provide spacing among the frames creating a 3D frame model).

As we have already mentioned in couple of the topic due to the company policy we are not able to provide any information about the development plans on this forum. They have to be officially announced by Autodesk first.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10
olivierkst
in reply to: john.sodergran

Thanks for your quick and clear answer.

Olivier

Message 8 of 10

Dears :

I can't apply wind loads on the model, as its icon (Loads menu/ special loads/ wind and snow 2D-3D) is not working .

Please advise.

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 10

Check message 4 above and then look at the bottom picture from the message 2 for the French code 'name' Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 10

Hello

Can you tell me why Robot structure professional Analysis gives Only one combination of ULS?

Please tell me how can i fix this problem?  I changed job presences but again same problem .......Please suggest solution..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report