Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Combinations - Seismic Qua Comb not recognized

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kope
487 Views, 6 Replies

Automatic Combinations - Seismic Qua Comb not recognized

The automatic combination dialog recognize the seismic quadratic combination only if it was requested through "Analysis type --> New --> seismic --> direction --> resolution of force... -->quadratic comb".

If it is supposed to be created after generating the three directional sesmic loadings then the program doesn't recognize it as a valid case to be further combined through groups and relations.

Am I missing something?...

PS: the behavior of the automatic combination is unstable once the Generate button is hit. It simply crash way to often - although I checked the behavior of automatic combinations on a very basic model (just a cantilever). Unfortunately the error is not reproducible as it appears quite erratic.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: kope

The automatic combination dialog recognize the seismic quadratic combination only if it was requested through "Analysis type --> New --> seismic --> direction --> resolution of force... -->quadratic comb".

If it is supposed to be created after generating the three directional sesmic loadings then the program doesn't recognize it as a valid case to be further combined through groups and relations.

Am I missing something?...

Please send a sample rtd file and indicate what combinations you would like to have generated.

PS: the behavior of the automatic combination is unstable once the Generate button is hit. It simply crash way to often - although I checked the behavior of automatic combinations on a very basic model (just a cantilever). Unfortunately the error is not reproducible as it appears quite erratic.

Please start with basic action which is deleting temp files and restarting the OS.

Which version of Robot this is? If this happens again please send the crash report typing your (or any) email address in the corresponding field of the report. Let me know when you sent this rapport and provide the email address you entered. Please feel free to send this info as a private mail if you prefer.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
kope
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Please send a sample rtd file and indicate what combinations you would like to have generated.

Please find attached the sample file. Combination 7 (Comb_Qua1) is not visible as a basic case in "Load Case Code Combination" --> Cases Tab. Therefore, cannot be selected for further combinations.

Which version of Robot this is? If this happens again please send the crash report typing your (or any) email address in the corresponding field of the report. Let me know when you sent this rapport and provide the email address you entered. Please feel free to send this info as a private mail if you prefer.

I use Robot 2013.

I finally managed to reproduce the error. Use the attached model and then please select "Loads --> Automatic Combinaton --> More --> Relations" --> Generate - then the program freezes.

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Please folow the steps shown on the atatched picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
kope

thanks, it works.

But, what was the reason for the first step? it doesn't make any sense to me...

The "comb_qua1" combination has been already set the right way.

Message 6 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

I don't know how you created this example and as far as I can see you are using your own regulation file. As the comb 7 was not listed I made sure its nature was correctly assigned (this is linked to the regulation file used in the example). My job was purely solution seeking for the situation I was put  into Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7
kope

I was just curious and I switched to Ec.rgl but nothing's changed... Anyway, I have to remember reseting the nature in future to stay trouble free. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report