cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto grouping rules for bar checking

Auto grouping rules for bar checking

Hi adsk,

It will be very useful if will be added to Robot Structural Analysis Professional the option to automatically create groups for steel bar verification.

The rules to create the groups could be three:

1) grouping by cross section (Hea, Ipe, ....)
2) grouping by bar type ( columns, beams, bracings, ecc)
3) both rules merged (1+2).

This function will be very powerfull in large models when the user want to show in the calculation report the table of verification of all the bars and also plot the detailed report for the top ratio bar for its family (for example Hea or column or both, as previously described).

Obviously the auto group don't have to overwrite the manul group defined, and it must be always up to date, also after a property modification for some bars ( change cross section or change verification rule).

I think that this is not difficult to do for DEV team and it will be very useful for all the users, specially for the steel stucture designers as me.

Hope for this, greetings.
2 Comments
More option for auto grouping: 4) axial force value: if i have a truss and I use the same profile for all the member (for example Hea100), after calculation I can automatically group the elemets in, for example, 5 families (20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100% of max axial force) and autogenerate the dimensioning groups to optimize the structure. This tool can be, obviously applied also for FY, FZ, MX, MY and MZ. 5) one more criteria to autogroup for dimensioning is the ratio of ULS or SLS primary checking. As the previous criteria (4) the user can choose the percentage limits of the groups and automatically define the new groups or the new subgroups. This criteria can be really usefull to make a deep optimization, starting by macrogroups created by the point n 2 and define a lot of subgroups dependent by the verification ratio.
I made by myself the API grouping bars for Robot, availabe in the API list in the forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report