Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARSA 2013 RC required reinforcement errors

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
WASSIMSAID1507
776 Views, 6 Replies

ARSA 2013 RC required reinforcement errors

Dear Sir,

I am using ARSA 2013 SP3 on Win 7 64 bit.

When I try to find the required reinforcement of the RC columns using BAEL 91 or Eurocode the messsage :

"Calculation not performated" is generated as shown in the attachment.

I am missing something?. 

Kindly find attached an example about what I am talking about.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Specify List of Cases for calculations

listofcases.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7

Dear Rafal,

Thank you for your quick reply,

I am Sorry for this mistake, but I intend to show the problem in the calculation of the required reinforcement in more complex structure.

I have a small building designed to resist the seismic forces as per Code PS 92 R 2008....

When I try to calculate the required reinforcement of the RC columns as per RC code  NF EN 1992 1-1/NA-2007 with the adequate Rc parameters, The error message is shown as in the attachment figure.

Kindly find attached the figure & the substructure model showing the Rc columns to be designed.

Your suggestion is very appreciated.

Thank you

Wassim

Message 4 of 7

You need to redefine the sections assigned to the columns. They are of RC Beam type whereas they should be the RC Columns ones instead.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

Thank you Artur,

But I wonder why this was happened since the whole model is imported from the CBS pro and Columns are assigned as RC Column?

Best regards,

Wassim

Message 6 of 7

I have just made a quick CBS to Robot export test and as far as I can see the section type is correctly assigned for CBS column in Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

Thank you Artur for the test,

I will pay more attaention in the future model to know what excatly was happening in exporting the model.

& I will tell you if I will find anything.

Thank you & best regards,

Wassim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report