Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API - User-defined sections

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
pnacht
612 Views, 6 Replies

API - User-defined sections

Does the API have access to user-defined sections created with the "Section Definition" mode?

I know that once these sections are created the API can access the geometrical properties (area, inertia, etc) of such sections just as any other section, but can the API gain access to the geometry itself (the points and lines that compose the section)?

I don't care about creating such sections through API, just reading their geometry.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
subpartner
in reply to: pnacht

can the API gain access to the geometry itself (the points and lines that compose the section)?

No, for any section.

Message 3 of 7
pnacht
in reply to: subpartner

Ok. Though for any parametric section one does have access to the section: one can get the different dimensions and construct it that way.

It's just the user-defined sections which obviously don't have such dimensions that are the issue.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: subpartner

Hello

I created a section by user section definer and i want to change default direction of axe y and z. i don't how to do it?

thank you for your help.

Capture20.PNG

Message 5 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

This can be done only at the stage when you are saving the section in the database at the moment you are asked the question about rotating it. If there is no question asked then rotate the section shape in the \section Builder module by 90 degrees and then calculate its properties and save it in the user database.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

thank you for your reply. 
There is no message asking me to rotate axes.
I rotate the section 90 degrees but the axes turn too!
the z axis always follows the big inertia of the section!
I work with RSA2010.

Capture21.PNG

Message 7 of 7
Romanich
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

This feature (rotation of the coordinate system in Section Definition) was implemented in Robot 2017. 

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report