Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(API) Robot API performance

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jokiller70
637 Views, 6 Replies

(API) Robot API performance

I am writning a program in VB2013-64bit to convert my autocad blocks drawing into robot.

It works very well, but with complex structures the transfer takes very long time. Maximum usage of the processor during conversion is 13-14% I hav 2 ssd drives in stripe that transfers over 1Gb/s so i don´t think that is the bottleneck.

Any advise of what to do?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: jokiller70

Your sample code needed.

Try to work on interactive "off" robot.

If you are creating nodes and bars use Cache ; for panels use BeginMultiOperation as described here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/api-use-of-beginmultioperation-method/m-p/39...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
jokiller70
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks! Interactive and BeginMultiOperation() helps, but creating bars with cache? How do i do that?
Message 4 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
Message 5 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

Sample of Cache

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim RobApp as RobotApplication Set RobApp = New RobotApplication Dim RC As RobotStructureCache Set RC = RobApp.Project.Structure.CreateCache For I = 1 To 1001 RC.AddNode I, I * 10, 0, 0 Next I For I = 1 To 1000 RC.AddBar I, I, I + 1, "IPE 100", "STEEL" Next I RobApp.Project.Structure.ApplyCache RC RobApp.Project.ViewMngr.Refresh Set RobApp = Nothing End Sub

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 7
jokiller70
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Nice! Is there any way to add my releases?
Message 7 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

Try

RC.SetBarLabel I, I_LT_BAR_RELEASE , "my_release"

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report