Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(API) Editing Geometric Limits for Loads in Excel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
richardwhitfield
424 Views, 5 Replies

(API) Editing Geometric Limits for Loads in Excel

Hi All,

I am modelling a series of portal framed buildings and using cladding panels with uniform FE loading and geometric limits to apply the wind loads and I was wondering whether anybody could advise me how to set up geometric limits when editing the loads in Excel.  I have to copy to Excel using the text edition of the loads but when I copy back in to Robot then the geometric limits part is ignored (see below for an example of what is pasted back in).

Thanks,

Rich

3:TW1 (FE) uniform 190 191   PZ=0.73(kN/m2) Geometrical limits:P1(11.3, 0, 0) P2(11.3, -1, 0) P3(11.3, 0, 1) P4(10.3, 0, 0)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Data which is hidden under buttons in tables is not copied by clipboard.

You can edit these data in Excell but small API macro is required to be used.

I am attaching emaxple xls file with macro for FE unifrom load.

Write case number in B2 field, import data. Do not update Record numbers cells, after updating xls use update buttton. 

If limit points coordinates cells not filled with data ti means limits not set.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi,

Thank you for this nice macro. But I am getting an error while updating the load value (PZ) as shown in the attached picture. 

On other note I would like to ask if we have a macro from which we can extract all type of loads (not just FE unform) in excel and update accordingly in excel only. After that If I can update the loads in robot automatically through macro itself.

Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for this nice macro. But I am getting an error while updating the load value (PZ) as shown in the attached picture. 

Try to debug it.

On other note I would like to ask if we have a macro from which we can extract all type of loads (not just FE unform) in excel and update accordingly in excel only. After that If I can update the loads in robot automatically through macro itself.

No. Fot this prupose you have Loads table in Robot.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried but couldnt debug the issue. I tried using it on a different robot model too but the result was same. Could you please look into it?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you inslatted Excel with VBA?

It works like this:

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report