Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
MaxBob
1750 Views, 3 Replies

Api C sharp

Prompt please. Excuse for my English 🙂 How through API (C#):

1. choose nodes or beams or plate on coordinates (x,y,z)?

2. how to appoint coefficient of subgrade resistance of a ground for a separate FE.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: MaxBob

MaxBob wrote:

Prompt please. Excuse for my English 🙂 How through API (C#):

1. choose nodes or beams or plate on coordinates (x,y,z)?

There is no automatic function to do so. You have to either make (write code) selection from code:

- find all nodes on plane

- find all connected bars to this nodes (use function GetConnectedBars) and exclude columns (bars not in the required plane)

- find all FEs basing on nodes selection

- find all Panels basing on FEs (property ObjectNumber on FE)

or get them from graphical selection from Robot - the easiest way to do it shown below, then get this selection(s) by code:

selection.jpg

code for getting graphical selection from Robot:

IRobotApplication robApp = new RobotApplication();

RobotSelection RNodesSelection = robApp.Project.Structure.Selections.Get(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_NODE);
RobotSelection RBarsSelection = robApp.Project.Structure.Selections.Get(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_BAR);
RobotSelection RPanelsSelection = robApp.Project.Structure.Selections.Get(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_PANEL);

RobotNodeCollection NodesCollection = (RobotNodeCollection)robApp.Project.Structure.Nodes.GetMany(RNodesSelection);
RobotBarCollection BarsCollection = (RobotBarCollection)robApp.Project.Structure.Bars.GetMany(RBarsSelection);
RobotObjObjectCollection PanelsCollection = (RobotObjObjectCollection)robApp.Project.Structure.Objects.GetMany(RPanelsSelection);

Then use these collections

2. how to appoint coefficient of subgrade resistance of a ground for a separate FE.

You can not do it for separate FE. You can assign elastic coefficient for panel(s).

Check this thread (VBA code but philosophy is the same) http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/VBA-Maillage-et-Axe-local-Plaque/m-p/3215358...   ->

ThickData.ElasticFoundation = 0  '<- set value here

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

HI

Example code for both selections in attached project.

Rafal Gaweda
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
MaxBob
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks! Couldn't answer at once 🙂 You have very much helped me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report