Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(API) Buckling combination

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ziegler123
2210 Views, 6 Replies

(API) Buckling combination

Hello, 

Can Robot do a buckling analysis of a shell structure with several combinations BUT to only give the critical load with the augmentation of only one load from combination (example, a structure with self-weight and wind action, give critical load only on respect to the increase of the wind load)?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: ziegler123

Can Robot do a buckling analysis of a shell structure with several combinations BUT to only give the critical load with the augmentation of only one load from combination (example, a structure with self-weight and wind action, give critical load only on respect to the increase of the wind load)?

Once I had such API macro.

I will try to find it.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Have fun!

Attached

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

Update 1

Avoiding launching calculations several times - suitable for larger models.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 7
sunwaymas

Hi,

I have tried the Macro but it doesn't seem to work.

My intention was to keep one load case constant (say the selfweight) and determine the buckling factor for a live load case. The Macro seems to give the buckling factor for both. For example;

1.0 x Basic case + 1.0 x Case for increment  ----- say buckling factor of 15 (the Macro considers 15 time the Basic case + 15 times the Case for increment).

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: sunwaymas

The purpopse of this macro is:

"....BUT to only give the critical load with the augmentation of only one load from combination"

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 7
sunwaymas

Hi Rafal,

I thought the intention is to;

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report