Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Beam Sections with Phases

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pnacht
408 Views, 3 Replies

API Beam Sections with Phases

I know the API does not have access to phases unfortunately, but in the case of a beam which changes cross-section between phases (such as a precast beam which is studied as a rectangular beam for selfweight and then as a T-section with colaborating slab for live loads), which section is returned as the IRobotBarSectionData? I'm assuming it would be either the first or last section, but I am hoping that somehow something else is returned, like a list of sections or something like that, which would be awesome.

I could test this myself I know, but there might be secret ways of doing this which aren't as straightforward as getting the section on a normal beam which I don't know and I'm sure you guys know this sort of thing (whether or not it is possible) offhand.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: pnacht
Message 3 of 4
pnacht
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks for the reply, but of that I am aware.

My question is in regards to a model that was manually constructed and includes phases. In the case of a concrete beam which changes section in different phases (beam and then later beam with slab, for example), which of these sections will be returned by the IRobotBarSectionData? The first? The last? The section which corresponds to the phase currently being looked at?

And is it possible to somehow get an array with all of the different sections the beam goes through? Given how the API has no access to phases, I doubt it, but this would be really helpful if it could be done.

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: pnacht

There is no API for phases so I guess this returns data for section from Base phase.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report