Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(API) Addin for coping loads for Load Cases

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
igos
3303 Views, 9 Replies

(API) Addin for coping loads for Load Cases

Hello, everybody!

Sometimes if you have an array of loads and need to transform of copy them - for example, change direction, change values.

In this case you can use table editor, but it's not very quick way in case of different load types. 

So, I've tried to make an add-in to ROBOTIZE this procedure. With this application you can copy loads from one Case to another.

Some features:

1/ To invert the direction of loads you can use negative factors

2/ In general it's not recommended to activate Check Box "Include Auto Generated loads", because in some cases it can cause doubling of loads (Loads + Auto Generated Loads).

3/ But you can use this option to convert loads on bars from cladding into usual trapezidoidal loads (setting factor for panels = 0). But before you have to intersect bars with each other.

Screenshot below represents the results of AddIn using.

Please notice that you have to unzip whole folder before using this AddIn

As always: feel free to download and use, comments and modifications!

Demo.png

https://ru.linkedin.com/in/igor-saltykov-8a68b726
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Romanich
in reply to: igos

Very cool, Igor!

Could you modify this add-in please? It will be great, if user will has the ability to copy only Auto Generated loads to the new load case. Or maybe ability to convert all Auto Generated loads to standard load in the same load case. I think it will be useful when the model goes from Robot to Lira\SCAD.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 10
igos
in reply to: Romanich

Very cool, Igor!

Could you modify this add-in please? It will be great, if user will has the ability to copy only Auto Generated loads to the new load case. Or maybe ability to convert all Auto Generated loads to standard load in the same load case. I think it will be useful when the model goes from Robot to Lira\SCAD.

Hello, Roman!

Why not :-)? I think it will be useful modification, I will try to make it soon!

Message 4 of 10
igos
in reply to: Romanich

Very cool, Igor!

Roman, I'm afraid there may be difficulties - unfortunately Auto Generated loads have blank Object property (API)

Message 5 of 10
t.sautierr

Just awsome Igor, like usual.

do you think is it possible to make the copy only for a specific selection of bars, pannels or nodes?

I'm currently training to code using C# and the API, if you tell me where I shall search to modify you addin, I'll be keen on doing that.

Have a nice day. 

Message 6 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: t.sautierr

do you think is it possible to make the copy only for a specific selection of bars, pannels or nodes?

OF course it is possible 🙂

Use Exclude, And or ExcludeText or AndText on Selection

Addin added to our list

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 10
igos

Just awsome Igor, like usual.

I'm currently training to code using C# and the API, if you tell me where I shall search to modify you addin, I'll be keen on doing that.

Have a nice day. 

Thank a lot, Thomas!

Rafal was absolutely right - the best way to modify the add-in is to find the active selection firstly and then use logical operation between selections (.And, .AndText, etc) to check if objects from load list belongs to this selection.

For example, for Node Load you firstly have to get an selection:

RobotSelection nSelection = robapp.Project.Structure.Selections.Get(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_NODE);

And then if this selection not empty you can modify object list for the load in this way:

IRobotLoadRecord toRobotLoadRecord = rToSimpleCase.Records.Create(rRecType);
RobotSelection toRobotSelection = robapp.Project.Structure.Selections.Create(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_NODE);

toRobotSelection.FromText(fromRobotLoadRecord.Objects.ToText());

toRobotSelection.And(nSelection);
toRobotLoadRecord.Objects.Add(toRobotSelection);

Message 8 of 10
igos

Hello, everyone,

I have slightly updated this Add-In. 

So, new features in program

1/ Loads coping for a part of structure - it depends from active selection.

2/ Now it possible to copy Auto generated loads - you can copy only Native loads, Native and Auto Generated loads and Auto generated loads. But in any case I can't recommend to copy autogenerated loads.

As always: feel free to download and use, comments and modifications!

Message 9 of 10
laaalouuu

Thank you for the add-in Igor.

Although I have one question, how do you select several loads? Like to select the loads you want to copy. 
Whenever I get my cursor on the arrow of a load, it becomes blue and I can right click to change this one load, but as soon as I move the cursor, the arrow goes pink again. Left clicking doesn't select anything.

Message 10 of 10
ALEXTHAINESE
in reply to: laaalouuu

Could you please add a screencase video on how to use it ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report