Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis, effective depth, applied load

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
HoshangMustafa
518 Views, 3 Replies

Analysis, effective depth, applied load

Hi

I have 3 notes:

1- as we studied, we have two situations analysis and design. As concerned with analysis, we have a member with a defined span, section and applied load and we checked its capacity wether it is sufficient or not. Can ARSA do it for us?

2- In the case of two perpendicular beams, the effective depth (d) of one beam will be reduced by one bar diameter. Is this condition applied to ARSA?

3- as I noted there is a linear load on edges (surface) option in ARSA. Can this be applied to model a masonry wall load? If so, should it be applied on panels or beams?

Note: for point 3: If I select a panel the linear load is available. If I select a beam this load is available too?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

1- as we studied, we have two situations analysis and design. As concerned with analysis, we have a member with a defined span, section and applied load and we checked its capacity wether it is sufficient or not. Can ARSA do it for us?

Assuming that the question is 'can Robot run static analysis of a model and design its elements according to the selected design code then answer  is yes.

2- In the case of two perpendicular beams, the effective depth (d) of one beam will be reduced by one bar diameter. Is this condition applied to ARSA?

If you increase the cover for one of them it will be Smiley Happy

3- as I noted there is a linear load on edges (surface) option in ARSA. Can this be applied to model a masonry wall load? If so, should it be applied on panels or beams?

If a panel models such wall than you can apply such load to its edge.

Note: for point 3: If I select a panel the linear load is available. If I select a beam this load is available too?

Yes, it is but you need the use one of these from the Bar tab instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

If a panel models such wall than you can apply such load to its edge.

3- as I noted there is a linear load on edges (surface) option in ARSA. Can this be applied to model a masonry wall load on a slab? If so, should it be applied on panels or beams?

Message 4 of 4

For beams (bars) you should use one of Bar types of loads e.g..:
linear load on bars.PNG
If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report