Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding loads to center of gravity

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Jacek_Woj
1470 Views, 5 Replies

Adding loads to center of gravity

Dear all,

I want to add wind loads from wind tunnel test. I have values of forces in X and Y directions and torsion. Now I would like to add them to the node in center of gravity of each story.

The only way I have found is to get the coordinates of center of gravity for each story, manually create nodes there, than create a rigid connection between them and rigid diaphragm of floor slab and then apply forces/torsion to each of the nodes separately. In case of 40-stories building with 8 wind load cases it looks like hours of sensless job. Any ideas how to do it more effeciently?

Regards,

Jacek Wojciechowski

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Jacek_Woj

Seems to be a good task for API addin \ macro

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6

Hi, really I want to assign load to center of gravity but when the cord-z of center of gravity not the same level with story. I am worried about that those loads not effects to the model.

Can you explain for me?

Message 4 of 6
Refaat
in reply to: phamtuanminh0110

Hi

You may use (force in point) to assign your load to center of gravity of a story as appear in the below capture

Refaat

000.jpg

Message 5 of 6
Refaat
in reply to: Refaat

Hi

I am sorry about my various post. I thought you need to apply the force.

I think you may apply the force in the center of slab instead of center of story and then connect the master node with the slave nodes in the same plane by rigid link . Unless the support team have another suggestion.

Refaat

Message 6 of 6
Refaat
in reply to: phamtuanminh0110

Hi

I think for the time being the most accurate way as suggested in the first post of this thread.

Perhaps in the near future API will be issued for this purpose

Regards

Refaat

000000.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report