Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
mjoflor
583 Views, 7 Replies

Add mass

How can i add mass a box or a rectangular of steel, for example, i mean i need the object had a mass defined. thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mjoflor

I'm not sure if I understand - do you want to define a mass of a rectangular steel profile which is different than its self weight calculated based on its cross section area and assigned material?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
mjoflor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

correct

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

As the self weight is calculated automatically based on these properties you need to exclude such bars from the list for self-weight and replace that load with the uniform bar load of the appropriate value. Otherwise you can create a 'special' material of density that corresponds to the difference in values and assign it to these bars.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
mjoflor

for example a steel container that it had a load of 2500 lbs ?????

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm not sure if we are thinking about the same issue. Could you make a sketch of the situation please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
mjoflor

The point is the structure is gone load by the conteiners each one had a load of 2500 lbs

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

You mat try to use the contour load on a cladding and then convert this load into mass if needed.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums