Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Message 1 of 4
Khalid-Elejla
274 Views, 3 Replies

2D frame analysis

According to ACI code I want to analyze a simple building which is not frame 

It's a simple beam column structure I mean that the joint between beam and column isn't fixed

and the column was poured seperatelly from the slab and the beam but you know the steel of the column and beams interlaps so I don't think I is Fully roller or pin as a support

please tell me how to simulate the column support from your previous Knowledge

Thanks

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi, in my personal experience, when I have a modelling doubt, I make a fem model of the REAL structure conditions. I apply on it a unitary force and moment system so that I find the real behaviour of structure and I can derive the K coefficient for elastic release between bars. This workflow give you the power to completely understand your model. Usualy I plot it in my calculation report.

Thank to Robot that give us the opportunity to model easily and quickly complex structures.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 4

Sorry, in my previuos post I was referring to steel structures. Talking about reinforced concrete is more difficult to manage this issue.

Sorry

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 4 of 4

Thank you very much for your reply 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report