Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

2.4.1.4 Partial factors for materials in RSA

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Victor_FMC
1239 Views, 9 Replies

2.4.1.4 Partial factors for materials in RSA

Dear RSA support and advanced users,

Im doing RC column calculation for one ongoing project at the moment.

1) I can not verify results before i will see how Robot takes safety factor for materials such as Concrete/reinforcement steel.

Calculations are done acc. EC-2 norms. Please see shotcut attached from Eurocode how it shall be taken for calculation.

2) Acc. to EC-2 to the column applied "initial bow imperfection" which is M=Nc*lc/x. x<=400.

Is this implemented in RSA? where can it be seen?

Thanks in advance!

Victor

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

1). You can decide on using the user defined coefficients (which can be set as 1) instead of the code (country specific)  sets as shown on the attached picture.

2) Which point of EC2 is it exactly please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10

1) thanks!

2)EC-2 5.2.5(b)

Message 4 of 10

2). I assume that you refer to the imperfection. Yes, this point of the code is supported and the value is apparently country dependent. The value can be edited in the same way as other coefficients.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10

I have two questions:

When I define some user-defined parameters for partial factors, how can I apply it to calculation given that it doesn't appear in the drop down menu? (see images attached)

Can I change "user-defined" to e.g. "HRN EN 1992-1-1"?

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 6 of 10

@Mirko.Jurcevic wrote:

I have two questions:

When I define some user-defined parameters for partial factors, how can I apply it to calculation given that it doesn't appear in the drop down menu? (see images attached)

Can I change "user-defined" to e.g. "HRN EN 1992-1-1"?

You can edit the user factors so that the values correspond to HRN EN 1992-1-1 and then set them to be used for selected code (e.g. general EC2). The arrow indicates which set of factors is set as current.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10

Ok, I understand this now, but why it isn't shown in drop-down menu? See image attached.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 8 of 10

Because your current setting is EN code with factors from BS EN instead of these from EN.

If you want to change the code expand the list on the 'code' part of the dialog and change EN to BS EN. By default BS EN will have BS EN factors marked.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10

Ok, thanks, everything's clear now!

That "black arrow" is sort of "factors override" for selected code, correct me if I'm wrong.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 10 of 10

Correct.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report