Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direction of forces in an Angles: Beam-to-Column (Flange) connection

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ricardojose.dias
520 Views, 3 Replies

Direction of forces in an Angles: Beam-to-Column (Flange) connection

Hi everyone.

I have this doubt about the application of forces. When I apply axial force in an Angle: Beam-to-Column (flange) connection, aka Fin Plate connection, this force acts like shear (longitudinally, along the beam horizontal axis)? Or this force will be actually tension in the bolt, i.e., acting out of the plane perpendicular to the plate?

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Ricardo Dias

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Ricardo,

You may find this topic of Help helpful:

Robot Structural Analysis 2019 Help: Directions of Force Action in Individual Connection Types

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

I search in the Help, like you show me, but for the Angle connection, it appears only the vertical shear (T).

Is the axial force horizontal (for the angle connection), like the beam-beam connection? (image attached)

Thanks.

Regards,

Ricardo Dias

Message 4 of 4

Hi @ricardojose.dias

Yes, it is horizontal as on the upper of the two connections from the picture you attached.

If one or more of these posts answered your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report