Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wood Truss Family

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
changlyn
2768 Views, 2 Replies

Wood Truss Family

Does anyone know how to change a truss' Structural Framing Type from flanges to lumber in sizes of 2x10, 2x12, etc.?

I used a default structural truss family template (“Warren with Cambered Top Chord Truss-14 Panel”) to re-create a new truss family. In “Edit Type” “Type Properties”, I noticed that you can change the “Structural Framing Type” of the Top Chords, Webs, and Bottom Chords to various Wide Flange, Concrete Beams or HSS sizes, but, it does not have the option to change it to wood (2x10, 2x12, etc.).  Does anyone know how to change this, or add this as an option? I tried editing the family by adding a type parameter to include material and finishes, but this doesn’t give me an option to use specific lumber sizes like 2x10, 2x12, etc. Attached are screenshots of the “Family Types” and “Type Properties” dialog boxes. Thanks so much in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
changlyn
in reply to: changlyn

I think I may have found the answer to my question - when I am in an elevation view, and I click the truss family to hide it, the single elements become editable (and remain unhidden), where I can then change the structural material in "Properties".  

Message 3 of 3
gguevarra
in reply to: changlyn

Yeah, if you click on the truss and hit the "Edit Type" button, you'll see the "Structural Framing Type" option for each of the different components of the truss (top chord, webs, bottom chord). If you open the pull down menu for those it'll present the different members you can use (depending on what you have loaded in the project)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report