Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows not cutting wall? Need help!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2976 Views, 6 Replies

Windows not cutting wall? Need help!

Hi!

I have this problem that when i have drawn a wall in ex. level 2. When I'm later going to make opening for windows is say:s its not cutting anything. But if I move to level 1, then i can make the cut why is that so? The same goes for doors.

Is there some kind of workaround? Or should i not use the window/door-tools for openings?

Also I have another question related to this. because of this when editing openings in level 2 it actually edits openings in level 3. When I'm standing in plan 2 even if I see level 3 I want the walls/openings to be looked.

Can uppload some materials/pics if you want to!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

when you draw walls in Revit structure, by default it takes the depth as the wall constrain and the wall is created from Level 1 - Level 2.it means there is no wall in the level 2. Even though the wall is created in level 1, it is visible in Level 2 because of the view Range.. as the doors and windows are architectural element it always takes the current level as its host and tries to place the elemnt in the current Level(level2). as there are no walls in the lelvel 2 it pops out the error message..

see the attacment for reference..

Regards,

Winstong R

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I understand this, but its makes everything quite comfusing, since when drawing level 2 it means for me that you are editing the walls on level 1 and se the slab on level 2 but in revit when working on level 2 then you are working on the slab on level 2 and the walls on level 2?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Dont Confuse.. if u want the wall to come in the level you work, just change the Depth to Height in the options bar before drawing the wall..

Regards,

Winstong R

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Well but it dosent make sense for me somehow Since when im on plan 2 ex. I want to edit walls in plan 1 and slab in plan 2. Guess im to used to autocad. Se attached file, whaty i want to se in plan 2.

Message 6 of 7
Joe.Charpentier

Try to think of the tools this way:

If it's on the Architecture tab, (in general) it will be created as if you were in an architectural view, rather than a structural view.

Architects create their views from the level up- they want to see the elements above the level (from the level up) and nothing below the level (except the floor).

So when you use the window or door tool, you must be in a plan view from the level below the window.

Joe

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Not a bad ida, Mabey its easier to make som filter/veiwrange that make you se the windows, since I have to go to the plan below to insert windows.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report